Church security has become a problem with more and more issues arising every day. It has become essential to install security systems that have radios with them. The radios make it easy for church people and employees to communicate with each other when they are in an emergency. Such security systems make it easy for the security team to respond fast to the situation. Also, it is crucial to choose church security radios that would be ideal for your needs.
However, there are various factors to consider, such as communication ability, response time, and budget-friendly. The following guide will help the churches to choose the right radio, allowing them to remain safe. But before we jump on to the reviews, here is an incredibly informative guide on selecting the best security radios for the church.
Essential Things to Keep in Mind before Buying Security Radios for Church Security
Finding the best radio with overall features for churches to use for security may look pretty daunting, but here are a few things to consider that will make the hunt very easy for you and will help you to find the best security radio.
- Audible Prompts: It is crucial to be able to communicate without actually touching the radio. It can allow the church employees to communicate with each other in urgent situations. Some of the radios offer voice announcement audible prompts to enable them to use their radio touching the radios. Employees can also use them when they are busy.
- Budget: How much a church can spend on security plays a huge role in deciding how much they can pay for their new radios. The features that come within budget is essential to consider. Setting a firm account before looking for new security radios helps the church to stay under the budget and it also reduces the stress of overspending.
- Headsets: Communicating with other church staff members should always be private, which is why it is essential to look for headsets. In a situation of emergency, it can help the people to keep calm as nobody will be able to hear what messages are being exchanged.
- Channels: It is essential to know how many channels the radios offer as it will help you to know how many staff members can connect. Being able to switch tracks for personal conversation is also essential, and also it can reduce the issues with the interface.
- Coverage Range: Coverage range is essential to consider depending upon how large the church is. There are only some of the radios that can cover the entire area. However, churches with smaller sizes can consider radios with smaller coverages.
- Charging: Security radios only work the way they are supposed to if they are fully charged. Therefore churches need to ensure that they have been fully charged when the staff is communicating. Some of the radios require a long charging time that can put them out of use for a longer time, leaving the church in danger.
As we have seen what things to consider before buying the security radios for the church, now we have mentioned the best security radios for churches.
Security Radios for Churches
1. Retevis RT21
Retevis RT21 is one of the best 2-way radios for security and is perfect for church security. It has a giant mic that permits the crystal clear voice and allows you to hear amid the noisy environment. It has a battery of 3000 mAh that can last for 36 hours, and excellent cell support is perfect for long-range communications, which will not be interrupted. The body cannot be broken off quickly as it has a durable and robust body.
To make sure that they work efficiently, the radios have been set to the same frequency.
It is excellent for security, as it will keep the communication secure.
2. Baofeng BF-888S
Baofeng BF-888S is a small, capable and rugged security radio for church and is available at low prices. Once appropriately programmed, you don’t need to mess again with the interface, and battery life is pretty good. For the low cost, it has a surprisingly rugged body, and it can operate in the 400-700 MHz range and has programmable 16 channels.
3. Radioddity GA-2S
Radioddity GA-2S is one of the best security radios due to its cost-effective, high-quality ergonomic design. It comes with a pleasant and straightforward operating experience, and therefore it can be used for significant places. It is FCC part 15B and Part 97 certified and has English, and Chinese voice prompts. It has additional functions such as Time out timer, Alarm function, battery saving mode, Vox function, and USB desktop rapid charger. The wide/narrow bandwidth is 25 kHz/ 12.5 kHz.
4. Retevis RB17
Retevis RB17 is the best two-way radio with exceptional and robust quality along with industrial design. It has military standards for humidity, shock, rain, vibration, sand, temperature, and dust. The acoustic tube earpieces offer clear sound amid noisy environments, and the durable belt clip is convenient for carrying it around. It is a license-free walkie talkie with high-quality band frequencies. It has a sturdy construct and supports extended coverage.
5. Ansoko Walkie Talkies
Ansoko Walkie Talkie is a basic walkie-talkie that is cost-effective and is easy to use. It comes with 16 channels and has a LED flashlight for night time. It can be used under harsh circumstances as it has a sturdy body. The design is ultra-portable and handy.
The Bottom Line
It can be complicated to find the security radios for churches; this is why our guide can help you find the perfect one. We have listed down the best security radios with their features that would allow you to decide.
Here are two FAQs that have been generally asked by the customers?
1. What is the ideal frequency range for two-way radios?
The ideal frequency range for two-way radios is 136MHz to 900MHz.
2. Do you need a license for a two-way radio?
A license is required when you don’t operate on one of the pre-programmed license-free frequencies approved by Ofcom.
Finally, Retevis RT21 is the choice for your buck when you are looking for the best security radio for churches as it is easy to use and offers impressive battery life, range, and features. The radio is designed to provide extra security and easy to use. Hopefully, this guide has helped you!